You will need
3 tins Sardines (142g each)
2 tbsp Lime juice
1 tsp Black pepper
½ tbsp Hot Sauce /Pepper sauce or Scotch Bonnet (finely chopped)
2 tsp Shaddon Beni
1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
1/3 c Onions (diced)
½ c Tomatoes (diced)
1/8 c Coconut Oil
1 clove Garlic (smashed)
¼ c Pimento (chopped)
Salt to taste
This is how
- Remove sardines from the tin straining off the liquid /oil from the can and place in a bowl
- Using a fork shred /crush the sardines
- Add lime juice, salt, black pepper and hot sauce / scotch bonnet pepper
- Mix well
- In a pot on medium heat, add coconut oil and smashed garlic allow to heat until the garlic becomes dark brown on both sides.
- Add garlic, pimento, onions, tomatoes and shaddon beni – mix and allow to cook for 2-3 mins or until onions become translucent.
- Add seasoned sardines and mix well
- Allow this to cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes then lower heat cover, and allow to simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Be sure to stir occasionally until it’s done.
- Enjoy with bread, roti or rice .
- Sardines are good for mood disorders such as anxiety and depression. So, if you are feeling some type ah way today. Try this sardine recipe and feel good.